- You can purchase any item in shops free of 8% consumption tax under certain conditions.
- You are eligible for tax-free shopping if you are a visitor with a temporarily stay status.
- For tax-free shopping,you must present your passport. The shop will affix a purchase proof document to your passport which will be collected by Customs at the time of departure.
Please do not remove or misplace the purchase proof document.
The purchases of ￥5,000 or more excluding tax. You cannot combine spending with consumables.
The shop will take a copy of your passport for spending of over 1,000,000 JPY.
The purchases of ￥5,000 or more excluding tax within ￥500,000. You cannot combine spending with general goods.
The shop will pack consumables so that they cannot be consumed in Japan. Be careful not to open the package. You may have to pay tax at the time of departure. You must take the tax-free goods out of Japan within 30 days of purchase.
- You must take the tax-free goods out of japan.
- Goods purchased for business or commercial purposes are not eligible for the tax-free program.
- Tax-free procedures will be processed at the shop where you purchase the goods and cannot be processed together with goods purchased in other shops.
- Tax-free procedures will be processed on the day you purchase the goods. Tax-free procedure of goods purchased on a different day is not possible.